Tuesday, 16 August 2011

Day 35: The Spin Out

Wow. A week since I updated. Shit. I have been working on stuff. I've recorded the vocals to one song and written a verse and an early arrangement for the next. Mostly, though, I've just been spinning out. Losing motivation, losing focus. Trying to get back on track but it's not coming easy. We'll see how we go. I now have a little over two weeks before I have to perform my first gig. Not going to lie, no idea if I'll make it.

Verse:

When it comes to explaining my antics, I’m a man oft-prepared with elaborate answers. I often find myself entranced by the chance to address the circumstances of the latest romance – but in this instance my typical commitment to explain every aspect of my predictable existence seems difficult to sustain. My faculties strained, I babble clichés about the nature of my current vocation which portray only a man unafraid of obfuscation. I don’t know rap, I don’t know hip hop, I’m a white dude who listens to pop music – so what made me think ‘Yeah, I can do this - I’ll be a rapper, I won’t look too stupid’?  Am I simply another moron delivering more of youth’s exuberance through music? There is a little bit more to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment