Thursday, 21 July 2011

Day 11: Bass Fo Yo Face, London!

And we're onto the next stage. I'm of two minds about this. I'm quite proud of my ability to write warped basslines but, musicologically, I'm still very much retarded. Also, versatility is not my strong suit. I make big fat bass noises and that's about it. Nevertheless, I'm excited. I've managed to write the rough basslines for the first beat - Wiley Coyote.

Wiley Coyote Bass MP3 by M. O'Neill

I've decided to write two basslines for each beat. Ideally, a verse and a chorus. I'm not sure which one is which in this one but I'm particularly fond of the slow syrupy refrain. It changes the dynamic of the beat entirely. I'm mildly peeved at myself for using a basic sub for what is essentially a grime beat - I've decided I want to counterbalance each beat with a different kind of bassline and that's as obvious a match up as you could get - but, for my first go, I've decided I'll relax my standards a bit. I think it sounds good, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment