I have a flu so I'm going to make this brief. I'm still on the same spontaneous groove I hit yesterday - beats are coming fast and I'm enjoying the process a lot. I still have mixed feelings about the idea of an identifiable style but I'm hoping, if any beats are TOO similar, I can differentiate them through other musical aspects (basslines, samples, mad rhymez).
Here are the beats:
1. Screaming Tribesmen
Screaming Tribesmen MP3 by M. O'Neill
This is my main concern. While a two bar loop, it's in the same BPM as yesterday's Top Heavy. That said, I'm really fascinated by the idea of writing different beats within the same parameters. I think this sounds quite different from Top Heavy. Still, mixed feelings about the similarities. Love the beat, though, and that's the most important thing.
2. Gherenicetto
Gherenicetto MP3 by M. O'Neill
This is a bit of a challenge for me. It's really simple, really generic and quite slow (80BPM - and no triplets to make it faster) but I really love it. I want to explore lots of different dynamics with beats, so I thought I'd write something really slow and minimal (because my instinct is to go fast and layered). Truth be told, it could be a lot simpler (I could just reduce it to kicks and claps and hit the same groove) but I'm not bold enough to go that spartan yet.
So, seven down. Three to go. Really excited about seeing how this goes. Terrified too - but I can see the foundations of the sound I want to bring to the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment