Sunday, 10 July 2011

It Begins

So, today's the day. Today is the day, as they say, shit gets real.

I have wanted to be a rapper for a long time. I can't remember when it started. In high school, I wanted to be a heavy metal musician. Of course, I also wanted to be a policeman, fantasy author and actor. Yes, it is fair to say I was attracted to douchebag professions. In a way, it seems fitting that I have finally moved onto wanting to be a rapper. Kanye West, supremely talented dude that he is, also happens to be one of the biggest douchebags in the world.

I recently decided, though, to man up and actually pursue my stupid dream. Starting today, I will work for a minimum of thirty minutes every day on becoming a hip hop MC/producer. Each day, I will tell you of my findings. I will also post snippets of what I'm working on at http://soundcloud.com/m-oneill. Together, we will plot my course into a superstardom. Or, you know, not. We'll see what happens. I'd be lying if I told you I didn't think I could do it. I'd also be lying, though, if I told you I wasn't absolutely fucking terrified and constantly questioning my judgement.

I am, as many have pointed out, the stereotypically whitest dude alive. I grew up listening to heavy metal, I studied a Bachelor of Creative Industries and I dress like a complete yuppie. I make even Australian hip hop artists look like Fela Kuti. Still, this is what I want to do. I should at least give it a shot, right?

Fuck it. Let's go.

No comments:

Post a Comment