Well shit. That was unexpected. I randomly decided to do some writing today. Bizarrely, it seemed to come quite easily. Mechanics and rhythm will need some refining but the general basis is there. It actually crystallised my approach to songwriting considerably - I can really see where this little verse could lead.
Here it is:
Each day, I wake a little slower
Remove my tired eyes from the night’s demise
With a guise characterised less by a gleam than by a glower
The morning shower - a dour exercise in dousing the sighs from a soul retired from the race outside for power
For accomplishment,
For bliss, cheer and merriment
For the various accoutrements of personal success we each strive to make permanent on a daily basis
Life’s assorted decorative filaments in which I, to reiterate, have no personal or professional investment.
I’m tired of it.
Working title is 'lethargy'. I semi-seriously considered sampling The Beatles 'I'm So Tired' and the Hoodoo Gurus 'Waking Up Tired' or whatever the fuck it's called.
No comments:
Post a Comment