Wednesday, 13 July 2011

Day 3: Birthday Beat

So, today is my birthday. Again, the beats didn't fly as thick and as fast as I thought they would. I genuinely believe I'm over-thinking the process. Trying to decide whether I should slow down the process or speed up. I think I should just relax. Any thoughts anyone?

Still, I did come up with one today:

Herky Jerky.
Herky Jerky MP3 by M. O'Neill

I imagine it will be quite polarising. It's a messy blend of triplet and quartet rhythms. Basically, it's three beats layered on top of each other - a two-bar 4/4 loop from Battery 3's Clik Dub Kit, a four-bar, 4/4 loop from Battery 3's R&B kit (in triplet time) and some handclaps from Battery 3's Apparat Kit. The whole thing is in 80BPM (I've never actually programmed a beat in this before, from memory).

I'm thinking, though, I may just throw the last two out. They don't seem to stand-up to the first three. Does anyone have any opinions?

No comments:

Post a Comment